Top Virtual Reality Games You Can Play in 2023
When you think of virtual reality, a few things probably come to mind: flying drones, gaming action, and high-fidelity visual experiences. But what about virtual reality games? You know, something that you can play. In other words, something other than warehouse tours and tech demos.
There are plenty of Virtual Reality games available today — you just need to know where to find them.
If you love playing video games but never seem to have time for them anymore because of your busy schedule, we have good news: Virtual Reality is the answer to all your problems! VR gaming offers a completely new experience that’s as exciting as it is unique.
Thanks to these amazing new gadgets and software, you can now take on the role of your favorite game characters without having to put on skates or a helmet and hit the ice or gridiron first-hand.
Why Virtual Reality Games Are About to Take Off
Virtual reality gaming is a relatively new concept, but it’s expected to grow exponentially in the years ahead. This industry is expected to generate $15 billion in revenue by the year 2022, which is almost twice as much as it earned in 2017.
The main reason for this growth is that Virtual Reality technology has come a long way in recent years, improving both in terms of performance and affordability. VR gaming has become so much more accessible, you don’t even need a dedicated console or gaming computer to enjoy it.
All you need is a high-quality VR headset. You don’t even need to be a gamer to reap the benefits of this technology. While most Virtual Reality games are designed with gamers in mind, they’re also highly immersive and engaging. They’re also a great way to spend time with friends and family, whether you’re playing against them or working together on a team.
5 Best Virtual Reality Games to Watch
- First-Person Flyers – Fly like a bird through a virtual cityscape as you soar over skyscrapers and exotic landscapes. Flyers Virtual Reality games are great examples of this kind of flying game.
- Immerse Yourself in a Sci-Fi Adventure – This first-person adventure game takes place on a space station that’s being attacked by aliens. You’ll get to explore the station and its nearby space station.
- Space Simulation Game – Experience the thrill of becoming an astronaut and taking part in a space mission. Fly to the International Space Station and get a birds-eye view of the planet.
- Virtual Combat Game – This combat game lets you control a soldier who’s been sent to an abandoned city to deal with an outbreak.
- Paranormal Adventure Game – This game puts you in the role of a paranormal investigator who’s been sent to a creepy old mansion to look for ghosts.
6 Exciting Virtual Reality Games Coming Soon
- VR Soccer – This game will let you experience the rush of soccer — literally. You’ll be able to kick a ball around a virtual field and score goals with your friends.
- VR Smash – This retro arena-based shooter lets you play the VR version of table tennis. Instead of a table, you’ll be smashing virtual balls against a virtual wall.
- VR Tennis – This is exactly what it sounds like a virtual reality version of tennis that lets you play against friends or the computer.
- Blank Out – This is a first-person sci-fi combat game that puts you in the role of a soldier who’s been sent to an alien planet.
- Infinity Runner VR – If you like fast-paced running games, you’ll love Infinity Runner Virtual Reality games. As you run, you’ll have to avoid obstacles and shoot at enemies.
- VR Ghost Hunter – This is a paranormal adventure game where you get to explore a haunted mansion and look for ghosts.
2nd Place: Hovering Soccer Virtual reality Game (VR Soccer)
Many people associate virtual reality with shooters and adventure games, but what about a virtual reality soccer game? It sounds like a ridiculous idea, but the Hovering Soccer Game will let you experience what that would be like.
You can use a VR headset to control a large floating ball that represents a soccer ball. You can then use that ball to kick the other ball around your home or office. What’s cool about this game is that you can choose your team’s uniforms and team names.
You’ll get to explore your virtual stadium and unlock new items as you progress. What makes this game even more interesting is that you can play it with other people who have VR headsets.
- See also NextVR four Features
3rd Place: Sci-Fi Combat Game (Infinity Runner VR)
If you prefer to take part in virtual reality combat games, you’ll want to try out Infinity Runner VR. This game lets you control a soldier who’s exploring an alien planet. As you explore, you’ll get attacked by enemies. To survive, you’ll have to shoot at your enemies.
Thankfully, you’ll have a variety of weapons at your disposal, such as automatic rifles and shotguns. You’ll also have a shield that you can use to defend yourself against enemy projectiles. One of the best things about this game is that you can play it both solo and with friends.
You can either play it online with people from around the world or invite your friends over and play it with them in the same room.
4th Place: Dark and Creepy Adventure (Blank Out)
If you’re looking for a virtual reality game that will scare the pants off you, try out this first-person adventure game. This game takes place in a dark and creepy world where you get to explore a mysterious laboratory and solve puzzles.
The game’s visuals are truly exceptional and will immerse you in its weird and scary atmosphere. If you like creepy and atmospheric adventure games, you’ll want to give this one a try. This game is especially great for people who like to play horror games but don’t have a lot of time to do so.
With Blank Out, you can kill time by immersing yourself in a scary virtual reality game for just a few minutes at a time.
5th Place: Retro Shooter (VR Smash)
If you miss the days when you played 8-bit arcade games, you’ll love VR Smash. This game will let you relive your arcade glory days by letting you play a VR version of table tennis. You can play this game on your own or with a friend.
What’s cool about this game is that it lets you adjust the difficulty level. You can set the game to be as easy or as challenging as you want it to be. This makes it a great choice for people of all skill levels. You don’t have to be an expert gamer to have fun with this game.
All you have to do is set the difficulty level to something you can manage and have at it. If you have ever dreamed of being inside your favorite VR game, then now is the time to do it. With the advent of new and improved VR headsets and the development of new virtual reality games, the VR experience has never been better.