2022 SASSA R350 Grant New Requirements
New Requirements for SASSA R350 Grant by 2022,R350 Grant Application Under the New Rules,2022 SASSA R350 Grant New Requirements,SASSA R350 Grant To Have New Set Of Requirements,How to Apply For SASA R350 under new Requirements.
2022 SASSA R350 Grant New Requirements: The SASSA R350 grant is undergoing many changes and will soon have a new set of requirements for beneficiaries to qualify for the grant, according to the most recent SASSA News.
The most recent information on these changes is now available in a statement from the Department of Social Development.
Sassa had to make some adjustments to the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant now that we are no longer in the National State of Disaster.
The Social Relief Assistance Act will now be used to manage the SRD grant because the State of Disaster has ended but the grant has not, despite its initial management under the National Disaster Act.
2022 SASSA R350 Grant New Requirements
Changes will be made, according to a statement issued by Sassa:
Those in need of assistance will have to apply for the COVID-19 SRD, or reapply if they were previously in receipt of this grant, as it will be supported by a new legislative framework and subject to additional qualifying and assessment criteria.
Not only will the grant’s requirements change, but current grant recipients will also need to submit new R350 grant applications, which must be submitted digitally.
With more application channels soon to open, applications can be submitted via the Sassa SRD website.
Sassa added clarification, “We would like to remind all applicants that their applications will be validated each month and that they will begin to be considered for the COVID-19 SRD in the month in which they are submitted.” This means that beginning in April 2022, all applications submitted in April will be taken into account.”
One requirement in particular appears to stand out in terms of the requirements. The old income cutoff was R595, which included recipients of the Child Support Grant, but Sassa has now announced that the new income cutoff is R350.
Those in charge of Sassa, Minister of Social Development Lindiwe Zulu, are anticipated to hold a press conference soon and give full details on the upcoming changes.
How to Apply For SASA R350 under new Requirements
R350 Grant Application Under the New Rules
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll to the ‘How do I obtain this SRD Grant’ section
- Click the yellow bar which claims ‘go here to use online’
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send out SMS”
- After that go into the one time pin that Sassa has actually sent out to the number
- Proceed the application process by completing the actions required by Sassa
How to apply for the SASSA R350 Grant on WhatsApp
Steps for SASSA Application on WhatsApp
- Make or save 082 046 8553 a contact on your phone.
- Type “hello” in the WhatsApp message field and send it to the saved contact listed above.
- You will receive an automatic answer; type “help” in response.
- You will be given many alternatives; respond by inputting the number ‘4’.
- You will then receive the SASSA platform message; reply with “SRD” to this.
- Confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or on someone else’s behalf.
- You may now begin working on the application.
- In the message, provide your name, surname, and ID number.
- You will receive the ensuing steps via WhatsApp.
You must grant SASSA permission to verify your identity, place of residence, income, and social security benefits in order to be eligible for an SRD award. In order to proceed, you must accept the statement and consent documents.
Please keep in mind that SASSA strongly advises you to submit only one application; doing so will not speed up the process and might even cause delays.
Before the 15th of the month, SASSA should approve or reject all SRD grant applications. You ought to get an SMS stating whether you were accepted or rejected.
Supportive Resources and Links for SASSA
(2022 SASSA R350 Grant New Requirements)
How do I apply for this SRD Grant?
Or you can use the following channel:
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553, (SASSA Application on WhatsApp)
You only have to apply once via this web site or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel.
SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.