How To Program DirecTV Remote RC73 in Simple easy Steps
How To Program DirecTV Remote RC73: Pair your DirecTV RC73 remote control with your TV before programming it to work with the device you want to use.
How to Program RC73 for Your HDTV or Audio Device
The Genie remote needs to be paired with your TV or audio system before anything else. DirecTV won’t function if your remote control isn’t paired.
Repeat this procedure for each device, including the TV and the audio device. The steps to pair your remote are as follows:
- Point the remote control at your Wireless Genie Mini, Genie Mini, or Genie HD DVR.
- Keep pressing the Enter and Mute buttons. Release the buttons when the green light blinks twice.
- Applying IF/RF setup will be shown on the TV, you’re currently in RF mode.
- Now Turn on the device you need to pair.
- On the remote, press the Menu button.
- To program the remote, go to Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control.
- To pair the device, follow the on-screen directions.
You will have successfully paired the remote with the device once you have finished these steps.
How to Program RC73 for DIRECTV Ready TV
You won’t require an additional Genie or Genie Mini if you already have a Genie DVR and a TV that is DirecTV Ready.
It’s very easy to connect a Genie remote to a DirecTV Ready TV.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Point the remote at your Genie DVR.
- The buttons for Mute and Enter should be held down. Hold the buttons until the green light blinks twice.
- Your TV will display “Appling IR/RF setup.”
- Turn on your DirecTV Ready TV.
- Hold down the Mute and Select buttons. When the green light blinks twice again, let go of the buttons.
- Enter the manufacturer’s code for your TV.
- Your remote should now be paired and ready to go.
How to Program RC73 Manually
If the automatic process doesn’t work for some reason, you can also manually program the DirecTV genie remote. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Point the remote at your Genie receiver.
- Keep pressing the Select and Mute buttons. Let go of the buttons once the green light starts to blink.
- Enter 961
- Press Enter after pressing the Channel Up button.
- Your TV will display “Your remote is now set up for RF.” Press OK.
- Turn on the device you need to pair.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote by pressing the Menu key.
- To complete pairing, choose your device from the list displayed on the screen and adhere to the on-screen instructions.
The Two Types of DirecTV Remote
The two different remotes used by DirecTV are depicted in the image above; the Genie remote is on the right and the standard universal remote is on the left.
The most recent Genie remote, model number RC73, is included with the majority of the new connections.
Both remote controls can operate your TVs and audio receivers, and they both function similarly.
The ability of the universal remote to operate Genie devices in their RF modes or of the Genie remote to control the receiver of the universal remote constitutes the difference.
However, the Genie can operate any receiver produced after 2003 in IR mode.
How to Reset Your DIRECTV Genie Remote
A reset attempt is a quick fix if your Genie remote ever stops functioning or responding to inputs.
Follow the steps below to reset the Genie remote:
- Find the reset button on the side of the receiver or inside the access card door. If there isn’t one, move on to step 3.
- Click the button, and go to step 4 after waiting for 10. o 15 seconds.
- After waiting 15 seconds, unplug the receiver from the power source. After that, re-connect it.
- Use your remote if you can.
If that doesn’t work.try these things:
- Remove an. hing obstructing the remote’s IR signal. In entertainment centers, glass doors may interfere.
- Scan the receiver’s sensor and your remote’s emitter with a microfiber cloth.
- Dim the interior lights if they are too bright. The. emote signals are said to be hampered by these lights.
How To Deactivating RF
You can opt to use the remote in IR mode and turn off the RF transmitter. If there are numerous RF-based devices nearby and the interference interferes with your remote, you can try this.
But keep in mind that for the receiver to receive signals from the reforming IR mode, you must point the remote at it.
To disable or deactivate your remote’s RF mode:
- The buttons for Select and Mute should be held down. Press the buttons after the green light has flashed twice.
- Enter 9-6-1.
- Press and let go of Channel Down. T. light will now flash green four times.
If what you did was to the letter, your remote is not successfully out of the RF mode.
Can I use my phone as a remote for DirecTV?
To connect your DirecTV receiver to the DirecTV remote app, download it from the App Store or Play Store and follow the on-screen instructions. When everything is finished, you can use your smartphone to operate your receiver.
How do I program my DirecTV remote without a code?
The more recent Genie remote controls automatically pair with your TV without requiring you to enter any codes. However, there are codes specific to each brand if you are using a DirecTV Ready TV. To locate your code, use the lookup tool.
Is the DirecTV remote IR or RF?
Both the older universal remotes and the more recent Genie have RF and IR capabilities. Every other remote control is either RF-only or IR-only.
How do I program my DirecTV remote RC73 volume?
The remote can be programmed as usual. It will automatically program the volume control.
Naturally, the Genie remote works well with your DirecTV receiver, but I’d advise getting an RF universal remote instead.
The majority of universal remote controls, which are capable of controlling more than just your TV and receiver, are compatible with DirecTV boxes.
If you have a fully remote control setup, they can operate the fans and lights in your home.
The clutter and confusion brought on by having too many remotes are diminished by these universal remotes, which replace the ten different remotes you currently have with just themselves. Return your DirecTV equipment if you’d prefer to test out another product on the market to avoid paying cancellation fees.