SASSA Application on WhatsApp: 9 Helpful Steps
SASSA Application on WhatsApp: SASSA Application via WhatsApp | SASSA Application Form Online
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is implemented with the Minister of Finance’s approval and is administered in accordance with section 32 of the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004).
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is intended for South African citizens, refugees, asylum seekers, and special permit holders who are 18 to 60 years old have insufficient means, do not receive social grants on their own behalf, are not eligible for or do not contribute to the UIF payment, and have no other financial support.
The following details must be confirmed by applicants or their representatives in order for SASSA to consider their application.
- Confirmation that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents
- Personal Details
- Mobile Number (cell phone number)
- Employment Information and Lifestyle Sustainability Information
- Banking Information
You can follow along with this article as it guides you through the new SSSA application process. After the coronavirus epidemic receded and lockdowns were lifted, the SRD R350 Grant was administered in a number of different ways. The details below may be useful if you haven’t yet submitted your application.
The R350 Special Relief of Distress (SRD) payment is still administered by SASSA, the South African Social Security Agency, and it will cease to exist in March 2023. This suggests that there is still plenty of opportunity to benefit from the award. For those who meet the requirements, reapplications for the SASSA R350 grant are accepted each month.
In order to qualify for the SRD R350 award, you must meet the following criteria:
- You need to be a citizen of South Africa, a refugee, an asylum seeker, or possess a special permit.
- To take part, you must be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- You cannot contribute to or be eligible for UIF payment, nor may you be receiving social grants on behalf of anyone else.
- Additionally, you shouldn’t accept any other forms of financial aid.
SASSA Application Form
Steps for completing the SASSA application form
- Go to the SASSA website.
- Enter your cell phone number and click the “Send SMS” button.
- A one-time pin (OTP) will then be issued to your telephone.
- Fill out the online form with this number.
- You may then proceed with the application by filling out the remaining blanks.
How to Use the WhatsApp Application to Apply for the SASSA
Steps for SASSA Application on WhatsApp
- Make or save 082 046 8553 a contact on your phone.
- Type “hello” in the WhatsApp message field and send it to the saved contact listed above.
- You will receive an automatic answer; type “help” in response.
- You will be given many alternatives; respond by inputting the number ‘4’.
- You will then receive the SASSA platform message; reply with “SRD” to this.
- Confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or on someone else’s behalf.
- You may now begin working on the application.
- In the message, provide your name, surname, and ID number.
- You will receive the ensuing steps via WhatsApp.
You must grant SASSA permission to verify your identity, place of residence, income, and social security benefits in order to be eligible for an SRD award. In order to proceed, you must accept the statement and consent documents.
Please keep in mind that SASSA strongly advises you to submit only one application; doing so will not speed up the process and might even cause delays.
Before the 15th of the month, SASSA should approve or reject all SRD grant applications. You ought to get an SMS stating whether you were accepted or rejected.
Supportive Resources and Links for SASSA
Important Information Please take note that all information will be provided electronically; no documentation needs to be uploaded.
Please ensure that you provide SASSA with a mobile number (cell phone number) where we can reach you to provide you with feedback on the status of your application.
You can also obtain the status of your application on this website. Should your application be declined, you will have the right to appeal the SASSA decision by lodging an appeal with the Department of Social Development for each month that your application was declined.
Application reconfirmation is required for all SRD R350 grant applicants at least every three months. This reaffirmation informs SASSA that applicants continue to need and meet the requirements for the grant.
Existing applicants can also revise their answers to the screening questionnaire here whenever necessary to reflect changes in their circumstances or to fix mistakes.
How do I apply for this SRD Grant?
Or you can use the following channel:
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You only have to apply once via this website or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel.
SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.
Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders
How do I change my banking details?
SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account. Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant to a mobile phone number that is registered to another person. Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.
Cancel my ApplicationIf your conditions changed so that you no longer need or qualify for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, you may cancel your application by clicking on the button below.