Sheria za madereva wa magari Tanzania: Rules for motorists
The following are the rules set by the road safety force to be observed by drivers.
- LAZIMA uwe na leseni halali, You MUST have a valid driver’s license for the class of vehicle you drive (you can drive using a valid international license or foreign license for six months after arriving in Tanzania for the first time).
- LAZIMA uwe unajisikia vizuri, You MUST be feeling well – not sick or tired.
- LAZIMA uweze kuona vizuri, You MUST be able to see well (be able to read the license plate from 20 meters away) – if you need to wear glasses or contact lenses to see you MUST wear them while driving – do not use sunglasses at night or in low light.
- DO NOT fail to drive because of drinking alcohol or using drugs, the only way to be sure of this is not to drink alcohol or use any drugs.
- You MUST ensure that, when small children are in the car, they are in the back seats of the car, under adult supervision, and the doors are locked (use child restraints) – it is recommended that you install and use appropriate child restraints (child carrier, seat for a child, or a booster seat for older children).
- Seat belt law: You MUST fasten your seat belt – this should be done by the front seat passenger as well – it is highly recommended that the rear seat passenger also wear their seat belt.
- You MUST adjust your seat and mirrors so that you can drive properly, and you can see all parts of the car.
LAZIMA uchukue | You must Take
- Your driver’s license
- Original vehicle registration certificate or original copy
LAZIMA ubandike | You MUST paste in the car:
- Valid vehicle license sticker/sticker
- Insurance sticker (except for vehicles owned by the Government)
Your vehicle MUST:
- Be in good technical condition
- Be within the permitted area
- Conform to all manufacturing standards (Standards Organisation Tanzania)
- Comply with the limit of the number of passengers that can be carried
- Pack the luggage safely, according to the rules – make sure that the luggage whatever is carried is safe and does not hang out and does not cause danger – put a warning sign at the end of the load that exceeded the section behind the car.
- Comply with maximum weight standards.
Daily inspection (vehicles)
These are the things you should daily check or inspect to your vehicle before driving.
- Check that the wheels are in good condition and the nuts are secure
- Check to see if there is enough oil, brake fluid, fluid, and windshield washer
- Check that the windscreen wipers are working
- Check the tires, including the spare tire, for damage, tread depth (recommended minimum: 3 mm) and air
- Check that the lights and indicators are working properly
- Check that the horn is working properly
- Check that all mirrors are clean inside and out, and that mirrors and indicators are clean
- Inspect the exterior of the vehicle for defects or damage
- Check that equipment and jacks are present and working properly
- Check if there is any unusual noise when the engine is running.
Do not drive when you are tired or sick. Driving can make you feel sleepy. This can be avoided by ensuring that there is enough air in your car. If you feel tired while driving, find a safe place to stop and rest. Drinking two cups of coffee can help you. It is recommended that you rest for 30 minutes after every 3 hours of driving.
Do not drive for more than 9 hours a day. Avoid starting a long journey late at night. Commercial vehicle drivers must adhere to driver hours regulations.
Do not drive when you are sick. If you are taking medication, ask your doctor your or pharmacist if it is safe to drive. If you will be sick for a long time or if your doctor says it is no longer safe for you to drive, take your license to the Police.
Do not drink and drive. Alcohol slows down your mood, reduce your performance, affect your judgment of speed, distance and risk, and give you a false sense of confidence.
You are not allowed to drive with a blood alcohol level higher than 80 mg/ml100, but your driving may be affected before you even reach this limit. Therefore, it is better not to drink any alcohol before driving.
Remember that it takes time for alcohol to leave your body, so you may not be in the best shape to drive in the evening after drinking alcohol at lunch. Drivers of buses, taxis, and trucks providing transportation services MUST NOT drink any alcohol before driving.
If you are learning to drive.
You MUST have a valid driver’s license.
Student, while driving you MUST be guided by a registered driving instructor working at an approved driving school.
If you are learning to ride a motorcycle, scooter or moped you must take basic training at an approved driving school before driving on the road – do not carry a passenger on the back.
All vehicles (including motorcycles and mopeds) driven by a student MUST have a valid Student (L) plate.
Advice for motorcyclists. A motorcycle or scooter driver
MUST wear an approved safety helmet that is securely fastened. It is highly recommended that the rear passenger also wears a helmet.
DO NOT carry more than one passenger.
All riders are advised to wear eye protection, and goggles helmets, gloves, and clothing that will protect you if you fall.
Rear seat passengers must sit with their legs extended on the actual seat and place both feet on the footrest.
Always wear bright or brightly colored clothing, preferably a bright yellow jacket with reflective stripes.
It is recommended that you dim the lights during the day, as this will make you more visible.
Rules for motorists When driving
DO NOT drive dangerously or recklessly. This is defined as a behavior that an experienced driver will consider dangerous – for example passing another car in a corner where you cannot see clearly ahead.
DO NOT drive recklessly. You must be alert and take precautions at all times. It’s not paying attention to allow yourself to be disturbed while driving, or not checking properly if the road is clear before entering.
Do not drive as if you are in competition with other drivers. Drive calmly and be patient if others make mistakes. Don’t force small cars to pass you.
Be careful – don’t be disturbed.
Avoid talking or arguing with passengers. Do not eat, drink, read or smoke while driving – Do not use a mobile phone while driving even if you have a hands-free device. Find a good place to stand, and then use your phone.
Drive brightly at all times
Don’t look at one spot for more than 2 seconds – keep flashing all the spots to make sure you don’t miss anything – look – and every 5 seconds check your mirrors, even if you think there are no cars around.
Look outside to look for potential problems ahead, such as a child playing football, or a car speeding up the side of the road. If there is a car on the side of the road with a driver inside, expect it to pull in front of you suddenly. If the bus is stopped in front of you, be prepared for passengers to cross the road from behind it. If you see the possibility of a problem like this, slow down and prepare to take action to avoid a collision.
Use signs to warn and notify other users of road
You MUST use direction indicators or hand signals before changing speed or direction, stopping or leaving. Give a clear signal for a sufficient amount of time, and remember to stop after the relevant action.
Only use the horn if you must warn other road users that you are there. If drivers use the horn to pass relatively, road users will not listen to them. Do not use the horn to “greet” or show that you are angry with someone, or tell the driver in front to speed up and speed up. Do not use the horn outside hospitals, courts and schools, or between 5 pm and 12 am in the city.
Avoid using the horn in National Parks and Parks Animals.
Turn on your lights suddenly when you want to notify users
let others on the road know you are there, in an environment where the horn may not be heard or in the city at night.
Do not flash your lights suddenly to show that you are angry or to try or claim the right of way. If another driver suddenly flashes their lights, don’t take it as a signal to let you pass.
Go for PDF KANUNI ZA BARABARANI TANZANIA 2022 FREE DOWNLOAD