Waiter or Waitress at Cantina Restaurant Group A Mexican-Inspired Snack Bar
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right Waiter or Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter or Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill.
If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters or Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare and Clean tables/FOH and set up silverware and glasses
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress for 1 year in an established restaurant
- Basic math skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
Must be able to work night shifts ending at 11pm, 5 days a weeks and live in close proximity to Woodlands, Lusaka.
Only email application to email@example.com, complete with cover letter and applicable references will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legitimate waiter or waitress applicants should never ask for a fee during the recruitment process.
- If you are asked for money do not proceed.
Important Tip To win the Job
Apart from being a skilled waiter or waitress a perfect wrote CV and application letter will add credit to your job application.
As waiter or waitress, Keeping a CV updated is extremely important when applying for new jobs. The CV, or resume, should be tailored to each job you apply for to stand out from the crowd of other applicants.
It needs to be short and sweet but also include your best attributes and show why you are perfect for that role.
Any job application demands different things when it comes to a CV. There will be somewhere it’s just a one-page document while others require two pages in specific formats with certain labels.
Here we will go through different 7 tips on how to create the perfect CV for any job application:
The 7 tips to write a perfect CV for any job application
- Choose the right format: Your CV format should match the job description. Make sure that you know the outline of the job description before creating your CV so that you know exactly what to put where.
- Highlight your skills: Nobody cares that you think you are good at communicating. You need to list skills such as “I have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal”
- Write a professional headline: Your headline at the top of your CV should be a summary of your career, It should be short and sweet, but it should also include the following things: Read more>>>
A CV is an extremely important document when applying for a new job. It needs to be short and sweet but also include your best attributes and show why you are perfect for that role.