Zonal Census Coordinators Training: Zambia Census 2022
List of Shortlisted candidates Zambia Census 2022, Zamstats Shortlisted Candidates Zambia Census 2022, 2022 census Jobs shortlisted candidate, 2022 census enumerator training pdf download, How to Check Shortlisted Candidates Zambia Census 2022, PDF Names Selected for Zambia Census Jobs, Names Selected by Zamstats 2022 List of Shortlisted candidates Zambia Census 2022, Zamstats aptitude test Zambia shortlisted Candidates 2022
As Western Province Zonal Census Coordinators for the 2022 population and housing census, almost 1,800 people are now receiving training at Kambule Beit hall in Mongu.
Richard Mulwanda, acting deputy permanent secretary for the Western Province, affirms that the exercise is a crucial implementation step because it is the second in a series of training sessions meant to appropriately prepare field employees for the census activity.
The government is dedicated to executing the census in accordance with the guidelines of the statistics Act number 13 of 2018, according to Mr. Mulwanda, who spoke at the formal start of the ten-day training.
See Also 2022 census enumerator training pdf download Zambia Census Aptitude Test Results 2022 pdf download
“The census data is very essential for the government since it offers information on all levels of administration, such as national, province, district, constituency, and the lowest administrative level—the ward,” he added.
The Acting Deputy Permanent Secretary outlined some of the enormous progress the government has achieved in preparation for the 2022 census of people and housing, including mapping and listing exercises, the pilot and post-pilot census pre-test, and more.
Training has already been completed by the 116 district census coordinators and 116 information technology (IT) officials who will instruct the zonal census coordinators.
Since then, Mr. Mulwanda has pushed the Zonal Coordinators to guarantee thorough coverage of all the zones’ territories and to count every family.
Raphael Masangu, the regional statistician for Western Province, said that the Zonal Coordinators were chosen from among the sixteen districts in the province since they would be responsible for educating the numerators in their respective areas.
According to Mr. Masungu, only numerators situated in the relevant districts would be taken into account.
Since 1969, Zambia has conducted six censuses; the next one is scheduled in this Aug 2022.
Responsibilities Trained to Zonal Census Coordinators
The Zonal Census Coordinators will be reporting to the District Census Coordinator (DCC)
The Zonal Census Coordinators will be responsible for the census activity before, during and after enumeration exercise.
- Effectively conduct Enumerators and Supervisors’ training on all scheduled days.
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are allocated to enumerators.
- Conduct roll call of enumerators and supervisors on each day of training at random times at least twice daily using the application on the Tablet and sync the captured data to the Central server:
- Work with the District Commissioner and the District Census Coordinator (DCC) to ensure that Supervisors and Enumerators take an oath of Secrecy before commencement of fieldwork:
- Deploy the field teams and ensure that the enumerators under your supervision start enumeration operations by the designated census dates.
- Ensure all the necessary permits to access prohibited areas are obtained
- Liaise with the District census officer, district census coordinator or relevant community leaders to identify all the special population groups (correctional facilities, hotels/lodges, hospitals, out-door sleepers, among others within your jurisdiction)
- Conduct spot checks in all the enumeration areas under your charge.
- Resolve challenges that may arise in the field, both technical and administrative. Ensure that everybody in your zonal area has been enumerated.
- Return all the census materials and equipment to the district census coordinator (DCC).
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the District Census Coordinator (DCC).
General Idea of the Zambia Census
Taking censuses is a crucial component of governance that helps the government understand the demographic makeup of the people.
The results of the census are used for a variety of purposes, including conducting an accurate poll to learn about people’s opinions on a range of issues, accurately stating the number of people living in a country, determining the number of people who belong to a specific religion, race, and ethnicity, determining the number of people who are married, divorced, and widowed, determining the number of people who are employed and unemployed, and determining the number of people who live in households with children.
How will the Zambia Census 2022 Results Be Useful?
The Census 2022 results will be useful in a variety of ways, including:
- To accurately survey the population to learn their opinions on a range of problems.
- To appropriately represent the population of a nation.
- To estimate the populations’ composition by race, ethnicity, and religion.
- To count the number of married, divorced, and widowed persons.
- To count the number of employed and jobless persons.
- To count those who are eligible to vote and those who are not.
- To count the number of literate and uneducated persons.
- To count the number of persons employed in a specific occupation.
- To comprehend the volume of those who are below 18 years of age, 18-35 years of age, and above 36 years of age.
See Also Zambia Census Aptitude Test Results 2022
- Zamstats Shortlisted Candidates Zambia Census 2022
- Census Aptitude Test ZamStats Schedules – Zambia 2022
- Zambia National Statistical Calendar 2022 – Zamstats Calendar