Detailed Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB 2022/2023
Understand about Higher Education Student Loan Board (HESLB)
The Higher Education Student Loan Board (HESLB) is a corporate entity established under Act No. 9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the aim of helping needy and eligible students in Tanzania to access loans and grants for higher education.
HESLB’s main mandates include:
- The purpose of this programme is to provide financial support to students who want to pursue higher education but lack the financial means to do so.
- To ensure that loans are repaid by borrowers. The Board relies on collecting overdue loans from loan beneficiaries to sustain its operations.
- Establishing strategic partnerships in the student financing ecosystem can create synergies.
About Loan Application
HESLB executes one of the key mandates in servicing college student loans. Each year, the board prepares the Loan Application Almanac to guide the loan process for needy and eligible students. According to the Almanac, the loan application window opens once a year. Eligible undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
The eligibility criteria and application process are stipulated in the Loan Application Guide for the respective year which can be downloaded from this site. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and apply online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS).
The loan application process is shown below: | Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo
Detailed Steps HESLB guideline_2021_2022_jinsi ya kuomba mkopo 2022/2023 Loan Application Procedures
Detailed Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB
Current Application Guidelines | Guidelines Jinsi ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA FOR ISSUANCE OF STUDENTS’ LOANS AND GRANTS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2022
Important Instructions to All Loan Applicants All loan applicants for Academic Year 2022/2023 are required to:
- Read and follow application procedures stated in these guidelines
- Ensure that the Form Four Index Number provided when applying for loan matches with the one used in your application for admission to University or College;
- Applicants who seated for Form Four Examinations more than once are required to list all Form Four Index Numbers used while applying for loan;
- Ensure that all documents submitted to support your application have been certified by relevant authorities as specified in these guidelines
- Ensure that all birth/death certificates are certified by the Registration, Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA), or Zanzibar Civil Status Registration Agency (ZCSRA) “Wakala wa Usajili wa Matukio ya Kijamii Zanzibar “or designated officer(s) to ascertain their validity
- Ensure all Birth certificates for students who were born in foreign countries and Death Certificates for Tanzanian Parents who died in foreign countries are certified by respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania
- Ensure that your loan application form is dully filled and signed before submission
- Applications must be completed with correct (and accurate) details
- Each applicant is advised to keep a copy of complete package of the application form submitted to HESLB for future reference (if required) and
- All applicants must strictly observe the set application deadline
HESLB Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants must apply for loans and/or grants to meet part or full costs of their education.
Click Here to read more about Current Application Guidelines | Guidelines Jinsi ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB
- To read and understand the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year
- To prepare all the attachments to support their applications (birth certificates, academic certificates, national IDs etc.)
- To ensure all documents are certified by relevant authorities
- To complete and submit their applications online through OLAMS and a copy by EMS
- To visit this website for updates on their application
- To submit necessary information to Loan Officer (Registration number and bank details)
- To sign payments sent to his / her college within the stipulated time
- To inform the Loan Officer in advance, if there is any problem related to their loans
- To visit HESLB website for more information on Higher Education Loans
- To attest on correctness and authenticity of the applicant’s information
- To remind the applicant on their responsibilities
Click Here for Online Loan Application
ELIGIBILITY | Sifa waombaji wa Mkopo HESLB 2022-2023 – Needy Applicant
SHESLB Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants must apply for loans and/or grants to meet part or full costs of their education.
In addition to general eligibility, additional criteria define NEEDY applicant who is not above 35 years of age at the time of application, also must be/have a poor:-
- Orphan who has lost both parents or partial orphan who has lost one parent. An applicant has to produce a death certificate approved by RITA or ZCSRA or respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania (URT);
- Disabled student with disability shall have to complete and present a fully Self-Disability Form (SDF-1) to be approved by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or any designated medical expert with recognized affiliations.
- Parents with disability shall have to present a Parent Disability Form (PDF-2) to be approved by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or any designated medical expert with recognized affiliations.
- From lower income household and/or marginalized community whose secondary school or diploma education
was partially or fully sponsored or supported by recognized institutions, and/or a community group, and individual(s), who can present evidence of such support.
- All applicants under this sponsorship category, will have to ask their respective sponsors to fill a Standard Corporate Sponsorship Form (SCSF-3) which shall be downloaded from HESLB website and upload it along with other attachments in the application forms. All SCSF-3 will have to be authenticated by a dully approved signatory and owner of the respective organization.
- From lower income household and/or marginalized community, which is under Special Economic Support Programs such as Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF). They should provide the program beneficiary’s number and attach TASAF ID.
General Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following: –
- Must be Tanzanian;
- Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
- Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Education Institution on full time basis except for Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT);
- Must not have funding from other sources to finance his/her education;
- For undergraduate applicants, must not have a formal or regular income from employment, either public or private
- Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study;
- For a student’s loan beneficiary seeking to re-apply for loan after dropping out from one(programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of the previous loan amount before applying for a new loan. Payment of 25% of the previously granted loans is not a guarantee for new loans allocation.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Loans shall be allocated in the order of established Neediness, and programme clustering.
- Continuing Students applying for loans for the first time must have completed ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within Five (5) years, i.e. from 2017-2021 inclusive.
- All other applicants who will secure admission to pursue various degree programmes in the academic year 2021/2022 must have completed their ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within five (5) years, i.e. 2017-2021 inclusive
Steps Jinsi ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB 2022/2023
Detailed Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB
- First go to the HESLB OLAMS official Site https://olas.heslb.go.tz/
- On the home page, click on apply for Loan
- The registration form will appear.
- Provide all the required information and complete the registration process.
- Carefully enter all the information in the required fields.
- Submit the required documents in the desired format
- Read all details carefully when all entries are made.
- Make the payment of the application fee. Applicants must pay a non-refundable, one-off application fee of TZS 30,000.00through GePG vide NMB, CRDB, TPB, Vodacom M-PESA, TIGO PESA, and AIRTEL MONEY.
For details on online application | Detailed Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB visit: https://olas.heslb.go.tz
Welcome to the HESLB’s Online Loan Application System (OLAMS) for 2022/2023 Academic Year. We kindly advise you to read and consider ‘Guidelines for Loans Issuance for 2022/2023’ Academic Year available in www.heslb.go.tz before you start application. Make sure you provide TRUE information.
Detailed Steps Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo HESLB | HESLB Loan Application 2022/2023 Academic Year
CLICK HERE TO START an ONLINE APPLICATION
The Loan application window for Academic Year 2022/2023 will be open from July 15th, 2022 to September 30th, 2022.